Saturday, April 2, 2011

Trauma

I have been able to live in denial up until now about my advancing age. I was able to conveniently blame almost everything on childbirth and motherhood. That blissful state ended today. I couldn't figure out what it was, but something in my nose was bothering me like hell. The air is still pretty dry in our house, so I figured it was one of those super-hard boogers and tried to blow it out all day. To no avail. In desperation, I stuck tweezers up my nostril, grabbed what I could and pulled.

The good news is that my nose doesn't bother me anymore. The bad news is that what came out wasn't a booger. It was a nose hair. Not so bad right?

Wrong!!

It was approximately an inch long. And GRAY!! What the effing hell??? Thoroughly traumatized, I plan to crawl right back into my shell of denial. It didn't happen. I don't have gray hair. I don't have stupid long old woman nose hair.

How awesome is it that boogers are the most acceptable option? Harumph. I must go shout at kids on my lawn now.

1 comment:

  1. ummm, my total grossed outtedness aside... HA HA HA! Oh, I feel your pain!

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter