Wednesday, August 17, 2011

On Good Lies

My son tried to run past me and get upstairs with a box of cereal. I stopped him immediately and reminded him that cereal is not allowed upstairs. Mostly because I'm pretty sure they don't actually eat it, but instead dump it all over the floor and dance on top of it. That is the only possible explanation for the mess that always results. So, no cereal upstairs.

He reluctantly plodded back toward the kitchen and grumbled in protest.

A few minutes later he came by with a kitchen trash bag.
"Isa needs a trash bag to clean her room!" He spat at me as he sprinted toward the stairs.

"Wait! What's in the trash bag?!?"

"Ugh. You busted me."

He had poured several handfuls of cereal in the trash bag to get it by me. The only reason it failed is that Isa doesn't clean her room. Ever.

I'm going to have to work to stay ahead of this little guy when he's a teenager...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter