Friday, December 17, 2010

Seal of Approval

The girls both take dance lessons. I don't know how their teacher does it. Emily's class has 14 girls all about age 6. And she manages to get them all doing the same thing in front of a big mirror with noisy shoes on. That, for those of you who are not familiar with small girls, is nothing short of a miracle. I suspect she is either blessed with an inordinate amount of goodwill and kindness, or she does a healthy amount of drugs. Either way, she does a great job.

This week is the dance class Christmas party. I procured a gift for Ms. Jamie, one for Taylor (the high school girl who helps her), a snack and a grab bag gift. The gift I chose was an assortment of very loud nail polishes and nail stickers - mostly sparkles. Emily called me with some concerns.

"Mom. Why is there wine in the stuff to go to my party?"
"That's Ms. Jamie's present."
"You bought her ALCOHOL!??!"
"Yes"
"Do you think she will drink that?"
"I do. And if she doesn't, she should."
"Well, that's between you and her. By the way, I looked at the gift I'm taking. You know, the nail polish and the stickers and they are acceptable."

Glad to hear it, your majesty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter